Monday 4 May 2009

Piercings:Good? Bad? Ugly?

We have all had that rebellious streak where we have had that piercing our parents say no to behind their back. I know I have!
What we don't realise is that some piercing can alter our body forever! Be it through infection or the location on the body.
I had the top cartilage on my ear done with my sister thinking it would make us cool despite the fact my Dad said it would leave a hole forever. Well he was right, couple of months later when I got bored, i took it out and its still there 5 years on!
Is it right that we go behind our parents back for vanity? And ignore the health risks?
For more on piercings and the problems they can bring go to:

http://www.betterliving.co.nz/content/theFamily/teens/body-piercing.aspx
...And yes my Dad did kill me for having my ear done!
Picture taken from vnboards.ign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment